Monday, November 29, 2010

Week 5 - I survived Thanksgiving!

Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am glad to say that I survived not eating solid foods over Thanksgiving. I really thought I was going to have a melt down but I kept trucking along. It went so well, that Mike and I ended up cooking and hosting Thanksgiving for 5 people! Turkey, stuffing, potatoes; the whole 9 yards! By the end of the night our feet hurt, 1 belly was full, and 1 person (me) avoided the extra weight gain over the holidays!

Before you all begin to feel sorry for me, I should let you know that I enjoyed a delicious dinner. I prepared White Bean Soup for myself. The recipe is quite simple and only calls for lima beans, celery, onion, chicken stock, and a little paprika to garnish. The taste reminded me of mashed potatoes. The good kind, not the potato water that was the potato soup disaster of weeks past. In the end, it was great to have family around and be able to host my first Thanksgiving.


I also got a kick out of setting the table. Notice in the picture below where I was sitting. Bowl, spoon, and straw ready for my meal!


I am glad to report that everything is moving as status quo for me. Now that I am at the halfway point all I want is for this month to fly by to get my wires cut. I am not hungry, but am craving the ability to chew food and eat whatever I want to. I am also finding that I can utilize less wax in my mouth to cover up poking wires and brackets. It certainly makes cleaning my teeth and heading out the door much quicker! I am also excited to report that I am down 25lbs. My weight is teetering right above 200. I cannot even remember the last time I weighed in with a 1 in the beginning of my weight. I am hoping that the next few weeks will help widdle down my weight and get me past that milestone.


Here are some updated photos of me!














2 comments:

  1. looking great joe! i'll be home over xmas for a few days, i'll have to come see you!

    ReplyDelete