Friday, November 12, 2010

Blended Meat??

Yes you heard me correctly. I had such a craving for meat last night that I decided to take the plunge and blend hamburger helper! Now before you all cringe and gag, I will say that while the looks weren't all that, it smelled amazing! Well, maybe just to me because I haven't eaten solid food in 12 days and haven't had any meat in just as long.

I bite the bullet, drive to Jewel, pick up my ground beef and hamburger helper recipe (I chose the Italian Shells Recipe). Mike finishes dinner, we get the blender ready to go, and VOILA! I blend in liquefy mode, I get my TV tray ready, I got my tube in hand and I am ready to eat the most amazing meal in liquid form. AND THEN, the spot behind my teeth clogs up from something not blended enough, the tube clogs, and I get blended meat all over my braces and on the TV tray. Let's just say, I know why I have high blood pressure. I was so mad!! All a kid wants to do is eat some beef! Blended beef 1st attempt = failure!

I took the jump once, I'm not sure if I will do it again. At least I know that I did try it and the small taste I got, it wasn't half bad! The catch is that I get so heated when I am hungry and I don't know if I can deal with another failure just yet. So for now I am sticking to shakes and juices that I know I can consume. For everyone's safety :)

I did have a doctor's appointment this week. He said that everything looks great. I have good hygiene, my healing looks great, and he is thrilled with the changes he is seeing in my face. I am thrilled too. As I am losing weight and the swelling is going down the signs of a solid jaw line are surfacing. He did say that I will not have feeling in my chin for 2-3 months. Which doesn't bother me, except for when I am shaving. I can't seem to shave the part of my chin above the chin, but right below my lower lip. Some people may know this as the "soul patch." The doctor also said that I must practice talking. He said that my pronunciation is so clear that I should have no issues talking with my wires. With that my homework for the week: begin talking more! Anyone I see I just ask for some focus and an open ear. While sometimes I sound like Darth Vadar, I am able to speak! Yah!

This week I have begun getting out of the house. I am no longer on pain meds so I have a license to drive and I am using it! I'm not really doing anything exciting, but just being able to get out of the house means so much. The books I have say that I need to get back to my normal routine and that is just what I am trying to do. Speaking of which, time to get ready for the day!

Happy Friday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment