Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cheddar is Better!

I believe that I have found my new hobby. Not only does it fill some time in my schedule, but it also allows me to eat amazing soups! My first soup success was a Cheddar Soup that I found on the Food Network website (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/cheddar-soup-with-crispy-tortilla-crunch-recipe/index.html). After the blended meat debacle of last week, I decided that I should target the next food group that I am feeling deprived of, dairy or more specifically cheese!

The recipe is quite easy. The ingredients include onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, 6 cups of cheddar cheese, chicken stock, cream, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.



The end result looks a little like this ....



Happy Camper!

Following the success of Cheddar Soup, I have purchased a 400 soup recipe book from Borders. There are so many great recipes that I can utilize during recovery, and post! Stay tuned for the next soup success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment