Monday, November 8, 2010

1 Week Down, 7 to Go!

It has been 1 week, and I have 7 to go! I would be lying if I didn't say that this first week was hell. Let me air my dirty laundry out here in an attempt to correct some of my frustrations and be more productive in week 2.

1. I hate not talking! Mike has some of my "grunts" down, but I pretty much have to write or type everything down. I actually enjoy time alone at this stage because the only person I have to conversate with is myself. On the flip side, I have started to have some visitors and it certainly has been great to see friends and family. (Thanks Jack, Laurel, Dad, Jill, Somer, Jason & Josh!)

2. I miss food! I have been leaning heavily on Ensure protein shakes and broth to sustain my hunger for the first week. Enough of that!! I have found that I have to eat more because my stomach is hungry and I am starting to get headaches from not getting enough food. Lesson learned last night! This morning, I made an awesome triple berry and banana shake for a mid morning snack. I even have enough to have an afternoon snack! The other great discovery is that broth is just too salty and not flavorful. Campbells in a blender, is delicious!!

3. We need more comfortable living room furniture. When sweatpants and the couch turn into your office you realize that maybe it is time for an upgrade!

The last point is really more of a joke, but food and talking have been my biggest meltdowns. Thank you to Mike for helping me, dealing with me, talking me off the ledge, and being ok with doing absolutely nothing for 6 days.

In appearance news, the swelling is going down and the yellow bruising has shown up. I am getting more feeling back in my jaw, but my chin is still feeling rather numb. I am also down 10 pounds after week 1. I go to the doctor tomorrow and am hoping for a good check-up!

No comments:

Post a Comment