Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 2 - Post Operation

Hello Everyone!

First off, thank you for all of your love, support and prayers! They have certainly helped me fight through my frustrations as I get used to being wired shut.

Let's start with a couple pictures. The first picture was taken the day before surgery. You can see the sever angle of my nose to my chin.




The second picture was taken Day 1 Post Operation when I was back at home. I now have a clearly defined chin and my jaw has been moved out 8mm.


I am so pleased with the already obvious changes to my face! My chin is clearly defined and my jaw is moved 8mm forward! It is just unbelievable. My surgeon and his staff are very pleased with my postive attitude and believe that it will help me through recovery. Then again, wouldn't you be happy with these results?? Speaking of results, my surgeon is ecstatic with the results. This is exactly what he had projected. Once the swelling goes down, and I lose the soft tissue above my neck, we will see a clearly defined jaw line! I can't wait!
So far all is going as well as can be expected. I have gotten used to feeding myself through a syringe and tube. I have mostly consumed water and 2 Ensure protein shakes since Monday. My appetite has just not been there. Last night I finally got 4 hours of continuous sleep both before 1am and after 2:30am. I can't tell you what this has done to my energy level this morning(thus being up and blogging). I did have a protein shake for breakfast and am looking forward to some soup for lunch.

My pain has not been too bad. It is mostly just discomfort with being swollen and not being able to open my mouth. I am not able to talk either. I can grunt to talk but I feel like only Mike would be able to understand me. I am finding that writing my words down is a pain in the butt, however, I will continue to do it as sitting in silence drives me nuts!

I will keep you all updated on my progress!!

5 comments:

  1. WOW! The pictures are amazing to see the change. I love the blog...it's great to hear the process of how it's being done and why!! You are such a strong and wonderful person!! If you need anything at all please do not hesitate to grunt this way! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Joe it looks great already! I am so happy for you. You got me to say wow thats great!!! Love ya take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing Joe!! Keep up the spirit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaay Joe! The results are unbelievable...looking good already:o) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Joe - this is amazing. I will continue to get caught up on your blog to see your progress. Thinking of you guys all the time. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete