Friday, November 5, 2010

Liquid Diet

Ever notice how when you diet that every single commercial on TV is pushing a bacon double cheeseburger, with perfect fries and a large soda? Or how when you are channel surfing the only shows that look good to watch are on the Food Network?

Overall I am doing very well adapting to my new liquid diet, but there are some challenges. I have found that Beef Bouillon cubes make me congested. Not good when your nose is your main breathing source. I have found that Ensure Protein shakes aren't bad. They actually provide a considerable amount of nutrients and calories for me. Strawberry Ensure is breakfast, while Chocolate is dinner. I have also found that when these are the only 2 things you consume for 5 days that you drop weight very quickly! Here is a peek at what my fun food options are for now:




Luckily I have not been considerable hungry during the past 4 days. Eating is a chore in itself! I have to put all liquids in a large plastic syringe and fish a narrow tube to the back of my teeth. It makes eating a slow process as you don't want to put too much liquid in your mouth before swallowing. It leads to coughing or pain in your jaw from the pressure of a big gulp. I'm looking forward to the days where I can just sip a glass like normal, or fill a bigger syringe with liquid and just shoot it to the back of my mouth. Until then, the challenge of patience is still upon me!





Update on recovery: Swelling is going down!


1 comment:

  1. I should join you on the Ensure diet! I could stand to drop 10lbs LOL

    ReplyDelete