Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm Free!! But ...

8 weeks later and wires are finally cut! What a long road this has been, but the end result looks amazing.

Before (10/31/10):


After & 35lbs lighter (12/28/10):


While I am excited to have my jaw unwired, I still have some recovery ahead of me. I am currently wearing rubber bands to ensure my jaw stays in its new location. For tonight, I can't take them off. Which means a liquid dinner and breakfast for me. I have an appointment tomorrow morning for the doctor to take a look, change the rubber bands, and explain the rest of my recovery to me. I know that I will be in rubber bands for another month, but hopefully they won't be as tight as they are today. I am hoping solid food is somewhere in my immediate future!

Here is a look at my smile. Only rubber bands keeping it closed which feels much better! I can actually breathe through my mouth again!

No comments:

Post a Comment